Why does it even matter to you?
- It's a person's choice whether to have sex; it's their body and not anyone else's. To make someone wait until marriage is not only unrealistic, it forces your will on someone else. Some people don't believe in marriage. Does that mean they should remain virginal for the rest of their lives? Adam and Eve were not married. They were merely committed to one another. King David had a harem of women that he was not married to. I feel that if two people are emotionally, spiritually, and physically mature enough to have sex and deal with the consequences, they can. Sex is a natural thing that our bodies were literally made to do. It is not something that decreases over time, it is not something that you can only give away once. So, what is the difference? What about people who are raped or molested? Are they also sinning? Does sex automatically become something less meaningful because one has done it before? I feel that if you are committed and able, you can, and no one should object.
- —Guest Michelle
never ever before marriage
- It's totally wrong to have sex before marriage because it's against our religion and it's like we cheat our life partner whom we are going to marry in the future. Let it be reserved for the someone.
- —Guest sahil
- Guys, God and science are different things. They said all this thing starts from a theory called big bang. But how did primates begin? Of course, God created them. By the power of God he gave the ability to evolve. Talk about evolution, now we talk about science. God and science help each other to make humans survive in this world.
- —Guest Nick
- Hi, I am a fervent believer in GOD and I'm 19 years old and still a virgin. It is hard, and I believe it will be worth the wait. I initially made the choice to wait at a young age (and didn't understand just how hard it would but I don't like to see people use the Bible to scare others or interpret verses wrong. I chose to wait to sacrifice myself to show GOD my love for Him. If you don't have a personal reason to wait, such as waiting for the right person; to avoid an STD; unwanted pregnancy, then don't waste your time being unhappy. I believe waiting will show you just how strong you are.
- —Guest guestpo
Sex Before Marriage is wrong
- God created us in His Image, we were created to be like God. He has ordered us to marry to avoid fornication. This means sex is only for married people. Anyone who does it outside marriage is committing fornication and must face the judgement of God if he or she doesn't repent. So, let's avoid sex before marriage. Eat the ripe fruit to avoid acidic content of unripe fruit. In summary, wait for your time to have sex. Thank you.
- —Guest Anthony Eyo Utin
It's perfectly fine
- Sex before marriage is perfectly fine and normal. Most people do it, even self-righteous purity mongers who claim it's sinful. I personally think it's better to do it before marriage because you get time to figure out what and who makes you feel good before you make a lifelong commitment to someone who may or may not be able to satisfy you. If you believe in God, do you really believe an "all-loving" being is going to torture you for eternity for doing what your body was made to do? Do you really think doing a loving, mutually fun and pleasurable thing is on par with murder? The most important thing is to do what feels right for YOU. If you're not comfortable doing it before marriage, that's fine too.
- —Guest MuffinW
- God is the ultimate bureaucrat, and insists that all of your proper state marriage paperwork be in order before certain parts of your body are allowed to touch certain parts of another person's body. Not only should you be married before touching your loved one's no-no special place, you should make sure that three copies of all legal forms are sent to God via certified mail. Request a return receipt. Otherwise, God will set you on fire forever. Because He loves you.
- —Guest Stickface
- You have been created in the image of God. The image of God is holy and pure. Wait until you get married, you have something very precious to offer to the man or woman your heart desires. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-4 – “It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable”
- —Guest Faaonea
@Guest Ram fam
- Premarital sex is the question here, and boyfriends aren't slaves, so your arguement is invalid, sorry :(. But i remember reading a verse that said everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Also, Ephesians Chapter 4:17-19 tell Christians not to live like those who do not believe. Just because something is ok does not make it completely right; in fact it can be wrong. Free will gives a choice between right and wrong, each choice with a consequence. Adam and Eve were not married with the modern-day ceremony, but God made Eve for Adam from his bones and Genesis 2:23-24 explains marriage. Abraham didn't marry Hagar, but look at the consequence. Hagar and Ishmael were banished into the desert by Sarah, who became jealous. Lot's daughters were condemned by God after they tricked him into having sex with them. The Ammonites and Moabites were punished because of their ancestors: Lot's daughters. Finally, the 10 Commandments say to not commit adultery.
- —Guest Trains
yes. 100% wrong
- The Bible is clear in many cases that fornication, adultry is wrong. If you sleep with someone before marriage, it is adultery. You are sleeping with an unmarried man/woman. To everybody who says it is ok to sleep with someone you love, lies. False. Read 1Cor7. The Bible clearly says I'd burn you with passion, get married. Don't fall for lust. Get married and avoid Satan's trap. It is amazing how many people have sex before marriage - Satan's will not God's will - and then very soon after marriage many things happen to stop sex. That's when it is God's will to have sex and Satan's will to not have sex.
- —Guest Gerbrand
- I think it is ok. Think, what if you don't have the money to wed. I bet you didin't think of that.
- —Guest rayanne
I am eager to do it
- No. Before marriage, sex is a thing everyone should enjoy.
- —Guest kuran
- Oh FFS, stop using God as an escuse because it's just sad. I think it's their choice to have sex before marriage and it can help a relationship. But God is not real. No God, no nothing (I'm atheist). It was science and evolution that brought us to Earth.
- —Guest God=non real
My Point Is...
- First thing's first. Times have changed, yes, but GOD'S LAW DOES NOT. Okay? Okay. 2nd, Birth control and condoms. They don't always work, so why risk it? And also, birth control can ruin your body and health. 3rd, diseases. That's pretty self explanatory, I think. 4th, Without sex, couples become more trusting in knowing that they only want each other, and outside things won't bother their relationship. Also, if you have sex before, that partner might just leave you in the dust. You can become addicted to sex. Your body will be overcome by disease from all of your partners, as well as passing diseases to them. And by the time you settle down and want kids, chances are you won't even be able to because the diseases scar your sex organs. And there's the end of that.
- —Guest Nicole
No sex without love and consequences
- I think pre-marital sex is not wrong. However, I believe that sex should be with someone you care deeply enough to share yourself with. AND, that both men and women are able to deal with the consequences of sex. Remember, if a child is born from this union, both parents must deal...same with a disease, both are there for the long term. I am in my late 20s, and I am waiting for someone special, but if I choose not to marry, should I remain celibate for the rest of my life? I do not think so. When the time and person feels right to me, then I will have sex. I am ready and able to use preventative measures for the possibilities of pregnancy and disease. As for those who think masturbation is evil, my opinion is that it is healthy to explore one's body, especially if you are going to preach pre-marital sex is wrong. For you Catholics (I was raised Catholic), why are you so focused on pre-marital sex when priests are molesting the children they are supposed to be teaching?
- —Guest Ravenna