From the article: How Having a Baby Will Affect Your Marriage
Married people have to prioritize their relationships. Before you have children, your spouse obviously is number one. But once children enter the picture, parents often put their kids ahead of their spouses on the priority list. What do you think is the right thing to do? Should your spouse come before your kids? Or should it be the other way around? Share Your Opinion
Your spouse comes first
- Your spouse comes first, even if you had children before him or her. I am not saying neglect your children, but a spouse is someone who you are making a life with while a child is someone you are teaching to be successful in his/her own life.
- —Guest Guest
- I feel my spouse should be first! But my spouse has a child of her own and that seems to be her priority. It makes me feel that we are together, but I will always come second. I know and understand that her kid will grow up and leave. And I know my fiancee will expect me to be the man I was. But after being second for so many years, I changed. I won't be that man who puts her first. Why? Because she never put me first! Now, we are a distant family in a home that has many rooms, where we can stay to ourselves. We have a baby on the way, and now I feel I'm going to distance myself from her because that's how I was treated.
- —Guest Ricky
- Any spouses would naturally put their children first... Having children ( a natural product of love in the context of marriage) requires the guardians /parents undivided attention and love...and any supportive, loving, nurturing spouse will understand this.
- —Guest Stef
- Definitely agree that spouse comes first. Babies don't stay babies forever, they eventually grow up and have lives of their own. I think many people find themselves divorced within the first few years of having children, because they lost their relationship with their spouse. I'm not saying that kids shouldn't be a priority, but kids need their parents together and happy. Putting your spouse first will improve this relationship with your kids.
- —Guest Lloyd
your kids come first
- Your kids come first because once you have kids it means you take another part of love to your blood.
- —Guest baisago
- Your spouse is someone you choose to spend your life with. Your kids happen to you as a couple. You love them as a couple and don't let them tear you apart. You must love your spouse as you want to be loved. One day the kids will be gone and you want that person by your side because they have been with you all along. Marriage is the backbone of the family. Kids make a family.
- —Guest ashleigh
- I feel the spouse should come first because the Bible says your spouse should come before everyone. This doesn't mean that you won't love your children but think about it; when you're married, you and your partner must work together. If you tend to put your children first, their opinions will over-ride your spouse's and that just shouldn't be.
- —Guest Newmommy21
- I prefer the children must have the first preference,do you agree with me and why?
- —Guest kisor ray
Your spouse comes before
- I think your spouse should come before because your spouse is the reason to have kids. Also, when your kids get older, they leave you and have their own life. Then, you will feel alone if you put your kids on the priority. So, i guess your spouse deserves to come before because at the end you will find only your partner who have ability to continue the rest life with you.
- —Guest Sahm