Any day of the week can be special when you're married. But your birthday -- or the birthday of your husband or wife -- should be extra special. You can celebrate a birthday with a romantic outing for just the two of you or surprise your spouse with a party, replete with family and friends. Tell us how you and your husband or wife celebrate birthdays. What did you do on the best birthday you've had so far with your husband or wife? What made the birthday so special? Here are your best birthday ideas: Share Your Birthday Ideas
- We are a newly arranged married couple, and my husband's birthday is Oct. 21. I want great ideas to give him a surprise that he will never forget. It's his first birthday with me. I can't spend too much money, but I can give him small and lovely surprises. I want to tell him how special he is to me. . Please can anyone give me some ideas?
- —Guest s guest
- Good day, it is my wife's birthday Sept. 9, and I am not in town that day. What can I do to surprise her?
Over the top bday surprise for my hubs
- On his birthday we were only married for 2 months. I had accrued enough points to book a 4-day vacay at a fabulous resort right on the strip in Vegas. I bought our airline tickets and booked a rental car for a road trip to the Grand Canyon since he's always wanted to see it! I had groupons for Vegas Show tickets and dinner as well. At midnight turning into his birthday, I gave him his birthday card with the tickets and itinerary for the weekend! He was soooooo shocked and over the moon excited!
- —Guest Guest K.a.M.
my most memorable b'day
- I woke up on my birthday as usual , my husband sleeping by. With sleepy eyes I went to the washroom to freshen up. I picked up my tootbrush and behold there was a very romantic birthday card, I smiled and came out to see my hubby smiling. He hugged me tight, he kissed me. Then I went to my wardrobe to change and I found another lovely card. Then, it happenned the entire day, in my kitchen cabinet, on my dressing table, in my purse, under my pillow, on the dining table, and many more. After each card, my hubby would smile at me and say, "I love you." Actually, he got up early in the morning and hid the cards while I was still asleep. And he gave me a beautiful dress as gift and we had yummy dinner at a restaurant. That was my best birthday ever.
- —Guest naheda
Baby Shower turn surprise party
- My sister and her husband share a birthday. Two years ago my sister was pregnant, and we decided to have her baby shower on their birthday and we turned it into a surprise party for both of them. We got them to take the baby shower gifts home, while they were gone, we set the building up for their party. We had a banner made with both their pictures on it and we put it up so that when they came back they would be surprised and they were. It was so nice, everybody was in tears. When they walked in we had Stevie Wonder's happy birthday song playing. Talk about a unforgettable night.
- —Guest lakesha mcmillian
my hubby's special birthday
- It was my husband's first birthday since we got married Oct. 23. I hope I made it special by giving him a diamond ring, which he loved very much. I also bought him all new everyday attire, including accessories, such as watch, shoes, sandals, wallet, everything. I aimed to make him feel like he is also very new to this world on his birthday.
- —Guest Latha
My husband bday
- I'd like to celebrate my husband's birthday in the center of the beach. Any ideas?
- —Guest me
Surprise for hubby
- My husband's birthday is today but the surprise party was yesterday. I told him I had invited our neighbors to celebrate his bday. What he didn't know is that I had also invited his co-workers. He tried to invite some, and I made sure they said they could not make it. So here we were, hanging with our neighbors, and then all of a sudden his friends came in! He loved it!! He never suspected and really liked it. It would be hard to do a 100% party, especially because he helped to have everything ready, but he loved the surprise My neighbors also new about the surprise just my husband didn't. We had a great time. I was very concerned about something going wrong, but it all worked perfectly.
- —Guest Lori B
Dinner Around the World in 7 days
- For my 50th birthday my husband made a booklet with a different theme for every evening, and every day for a week he took me to a different themed restaurant for a special birthday dinner.
Evening 1- Our favorite French restaurant.
Evening 2- A great Italian restaurant.
Evening 3- An authentic Irish Pub.
Evening 4- A Japanese hibachi
Evening 5- Our favorite little Mexican joint
Evening 6- An old fashioned Polish place
Evening 7- A Brazilian Churarascaria
It was all fantastic! We couldn't do a birthday trip as we wanted to because of conflicting work schedules, so he came up with "Dinner Around the World in 7 Days." It was creative and fun. I wish I could come up with something equally imaginative for his 50th.
- For my husband's birthday I pretended I forgot about his birthday and took him hiking, mountain climbing, and bike riding. At each place we went I said,"I feel like I'm forgetting something. Wait, don't tell me...It's...Nope. Gone." All the way until we got to the top of the mountain and where I popped a customized fire cracker that said,"Happy Birthday Baby. I Didn't Forget." After it popped, we shared a romantic moment and then his family members came out from behind the bushes and trees and we walked to the beach and enjoyed a fun birthday bonfire. All because he loves the outdoors and nature :)
- —Guest Lora
- I reserved a Harley-Davidson bike for my husband since he has his motorcycle license and has always wanted a Harley. We rented it for the weekend and drove up to a cabin up in the mountains. Great weekend for the both of us. Remember to pack light!
- —Guest Jen
- I want to some ideas for my husband birthday party because this is very special for me please give me some suggestions.
- —Guest sonam
- For my wife's 45th birthday I have a planned weekend getaway to 10,000 waves in Santa Fe. Her birthday is on a work week, so she will get a birthday balloon each day on and after her birthday with a small massage related gift attached up until the weekend. She thinks she is going to a hotel locally for the weekend, however her bags are packed and airfare tickets ready. Happy birthday baby.
- Married 40 plus years and all my husband buys is a birthday card.
- —Guest Ann
- Since I don't have a lot of money but really wanted my husband to have a nice birthday I made him a coupon book with 10 coupons. Each coupon was different with the exception of one coupon, which allowed him to reuse one coupon. I put things like 20-minute back massage and he could choose what he wanted me to wear while giving the massage, dinner of choice, sleep-in day without having to get up with the kids, etc. I did make some rules to it though, limited to one coupon per day, this way he would appreciate the coupon he used that day and pick wisely. (Also, I wouldn't be exhausted.) And this way, he felt his birthday wasn't here and gone; he could enjoy it for a few days using the coupons. It was a free gift he absolutely loved.
- —Guest Justine