- Married 40 plus years and all my husband buys is a birthday card.
- —Guest Ann
- Since I don't have a lot of money but really wanted my husband to have a nice birthday I made him a coupon book with 10 coupons. Each coupon was different with the exception of one coupon, which allowed him to reuse one coupon. I put things like 20-minute back massage and he could choose what he wanted me to wear while giving the massage, dinner of choice, sleep-in day without having to get up with the kids, etc. I did make some rules to it though, limited to one coupon per day, this way he would appreciate the coupon he used that day and pick wisely. (Also, I wouldn't be exhausted.) And this way, he felt his birthday wasn't here and gone; he could enjoy it for a few days using the coupons. It was a free gift he absolutely loved.
- —Guest Justine
- My husband hadn't even said happy birthday that morning before he left for work. I called him at work to see if we were doing anything that night, so that I would be ready and he kind of said he'd think something up and I should arrange for a sitter. I wasn't too happy about this and his non-chalant attitude. So, we got the kids in the car that night and he pulled into McDonald's. (I was on the verge of tears). Afterward, we took the kids up to my mom's house for her to babysit. And as I start to bring the kids inside, my whole family jumps out and surprised me! I enjoyed everyone's company and loved the surprise! Then, it was time to go home. Pushing the front door open, I see candles lit everywhere. My sister is a massage therapist and she'd left the party early to secretly set up her massage table at my house! I got a great massage and felt so happy. Then, he gave me a gift. It was an outfit I'd wanted but had never told him about! Loved all these birthday surprises!
- —Guest swight
Husband's Birthday Surprise
- For my husband's birthday, I made him a nice meal on the table with candles and then a little while later, I had taken a shower and came out like I normally do in a robe. But under the robe I was wearing this really sexy corset and had handcuffed him to the bed, so he couldn't move and then I put a blindfold over his eyes and told him I'd be right back and went in the guest bedroom, where I had another girl who joined us. I gave him what he always wanted. He loved it.
- —Guest Star
Fu - Pool Party
- This a must share. For my husband's birthday, I had planned a pool side party. I told him that this time it would be just the two of us and my daughter. He did not like the idea. Every birthday his sisters and a childhood friend would come over. I actually invited his entire family (about 26 people, by the way) - only he did not know it. For the entire drive, his face was long. When we reached the venue, his face was a picture - the entire family was there in full attendance. After the party, the three of us stayed over at the resort and enjoyed two full days of the weekend. Absolutely cool if I say so.
- —Guest Mom
- My husband is big on surprises. I packed our bags & secretly put them in the trunk. I told him we were heading to the mall to poke around since he has a few fave stores. We drove to the mall where his sisters surprised him. After poking around, all of us went to dinner where his friends met us (as another surprise). Then I showed him the hotel confirmation that was for a 2 night stay! No worries because our bags were already packed! What a blast!
Scavenger Hunt Birthday Suprises
- I did a scavenger hunt for my husband He was so surprised! I made him these little silly clues on paper hearts that he would have to find. At each place we went to (Borders, Big 5 Sporting Goods, Aeropostale, His moms house, My moms house) There was a present waiting for him at each location. Until the very end at my moms house where we had a suprise birthday for him. HE LOVED IT!
- —Guest J.B
- This a must share. For my husband's birthday, I had planned a pool side party. I told him that this time it would be just the two of us and my daughter. He did not like the idea. Every birthday his sisters and a childhood friend would come over. I actually invited his entire family (about 26 people, by the way) - only he did not know it. For the entire drive, his face was long. When we reached the venue, his face was a picture - the entire family was there in full attendance. After the party, the three of us stayed over at the resort and enjoyed two full days of the weekend. Absolutely cool even if I say so.
- My husband's birthday was May 29th and we had a BBQ at my mother-in law's home!!! It was perfect, he was happy and it was low cost!!!!
- —Guest Christina R.