Learn How to Handle Your Money
By Francesca Di Meglio, About.com Guide
How to Save Money
Create strategies that will help you save money. From clipping coupons to negotiating a good deal on a house, newlyweds need to mind their pennies. Learning how to cut back on spending and budget your money is not as difficult as you think. If you can plan ahead and put a few dollars in the bank, you and your spouse will be well prepared in case of an emergency or the need to make a large purchase.
- How to Pay Off Wedding Debt
- 4 Ways to Cut Back on Spending
- Budget Decorating
- How to Create a Family Budget
How to Buy a Home
One of the first things many newlyweds do together is buy a home. Purchasing a home can be overwhelming and requires patience and knowledge. You must do your homework by researching the location and the home in which you're interested. To get a good deal, you have to be able to negotiate and have some knowledge of mortgages. Most importantly, to keep your marriage intact, you have to communicate well with one another when it comes to making large investments like buying a home.
- How to Survive House Hunting
- House Hunting Checklist
- Newlyweds Guide to Buying a Home
- How to Decide Whether to Buy a Home
Newlyweds and married people in general confront legal issues -- from post-nuptial agreements to estate planning. Navigating the legal world and understanding legalese can be daunting. But, armed with a bit of knowledge, you can get through the legal system and get the results you and your spouse want.
- Why You Need a Prenuptial Agreement
- Should You Get a Joint Bank Account?
- 3 Legal Documents Newlyweds Should Have
- What Do I Need to Know before Changing My Name?
- Do You Need Life Insurance?
Your Career, Your Marriage
Without a job or career, you can not make money, and you and your spouse will have a more difficult life. But balancing your work and your marriage can be difficult, and it takes time to get the hang of it. By learning time management skills, supporting one another, and getting the most out of your careers, you can have both a successful work life and marriage.
- Couples in Business Together
- Share Your Story of Working Together in Business
- When Work Gets in the Way of the Relationship