1. People & Relationships
Francesca  Di Meglio

Set the Mood for Love

By October 7, 2009

Wordless Wednesday

Castello Aragonese in Ischia, Italy - Francesca Di Meglio

Bringing your spouse to a castle like this one in Italy is a surefire way to set the mood for love. Photo by Francesca Di Meglio

Without love, sex is just sex. With love, sex is a spiritual connection between two people. It brings sex to another level. But to maintain passion, you need romance. In other words, romance can be the difference between having sex and making love. Although romance sometimes just happens -- your husband speaks to you with his eyes across the room at a party or your wife leads you to the bedroom without saying a word -- it usually requires some effort. There is no shame in taking the time to plan for romance and set the mood for love.

Recently, my husband prepared a big surprise for me for our first wedding anniversary. When I first wrote about it in this blog, I didn't know yet what the surprise was. He took me to spend a night in Castello Aragonese, a real castle attached to the island of Ischia in Italy. I didn't even know that there was a hotel in the castle. But it was the perfect setting for a romantic night -- with its arches and flowers and royal heritage. The hotel was a converted monastery and therefore had no television. There was nothing to do but focus on one another. He certainly set the mood for love.

But you don't have to go to lengths as great as those that my husband took for our anniversary. You could simply set a romantic table for dinner one night or wear sexy lingerie to bed or look deeply into your spouse's eyes and say, "I love you." The point is to be thoughtful and set the mood for love. After all, you will need to keep the fires burning throughout your marriage. You can't get complacent at the very beginning of your lifetime together.

Beautiful Wedding Pictures

Favorite Wedding Day Photos

More Wordless Wednesday Photos from Other Bloggers

Comments
October 7, 2009 at 8:33 am
(1) Nancy says:

Great post! I agree, a castle hotel in Europe is a truly romantic place…how nice of your husband to arrange such a wonderful surprise.

October 7, 2009 at 9:08 am
(2) Rain Blanken says:

I read about your wonderful 1st year anniversary surprise and it’s making me look ahead already to next year! Our wedding on Saturday is making me a bit nervous, but I know that we’ll hit that 1 year point before we know it.

I agree that romantic surprises are the little treats that make a relationship -and marriage- so enjoyable. Especially somewhere as enticing as an overnight in Italy!

October 7, 2009 at 9:25 am
(3) Terri says:

What a romantic picture….I’d love to walk through there right now. Thanks for sharing :)

October 7, 2009 at 9:51 am
(4) Susan Adcox says:

What an enticing photo! If my husband were to arrange a night in a castle for me, I might even iron his shirts!

October 7, 2009 at 11:45 am
(5) Dawn says:

Very true! Good post; the picture adds a sense of sensuality as well. Thanks for stopping by–Happy WW!

October 7, 2009 at 12:05 pm
(6) Phylameana says:

Your husband is a true romantic. Lucky you. Love that photo…. it draws you in and warms your heart.

October 7, 2009 at 12:14 pm
(7) Stan says:

Those old buildings in Europe are so interesting, and make great pictures.

October 7, 2009 at 1:51 pm
(8) Connie G. says:

The arches are beautifully showcased in this photo. And, what a great surprise for you! Your husband must be very romantic!

October 7, 2009 at 3:37 pm
(9) NSGill says:

How lovely! Now, of course, I want to know about its ancient history.

October 7, 2009 at 11:11 pm
(10) Suzanne says:

Sounds like you had a great first wedding anniversary – congratulations! I agree that that’s an excellent photo – it really captures the romance of the place.